Monday, April 20, 2009

Group Project Critique

I chose to critique the interactive fiction story by George, Kate and Jonathan. First off, I really enjoyed reading this story, it has everything. It's a zombie, werewolf and pirate story starring Steven Segal, Michael J Fox and Chuck Mangione, what more could any reader ask for. Each branch of the story was highly entertaining in a completely insane way.

I had no problems with the story itself but I thought the manner of storytelling could have been expanded upon. The black block of text on a white background with several links underneath just seemed a little too basic. Things like putting the navigation in the text or embedding a youtube video showing someone die a horrible death upon clicking one of the final links could have worked to elevate this story to another level.

All that said, there is nothing wrong with the story. It is funny and entertaining and can only really work in an online format (I know there are books like this but I've never thought those worked particularly well). Overall, I really liked this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment